Friday 30 June 2017

The seriously vital Citizens Advice service

Last Monday, I had the great pleasure of attending my first BACAB meeting. BACAB stands for the "Buckingham Area Community Advice Bureau". 

Essentially this is a small local charity dedicated to raising money for the local Citizens Advice services. And they are doing some fabulous work at gaining donations from local businesses and individuals prepared to stump up some serious money for running what all of know to be the vital service that is the Citizens Advice service. (It used to be called the Citizens Advice Bureau - but they dropped the bureau bit a while ago.)

I sat round the kitchen table with a dozen great people who are resolutely focused on fundraising. I won't name them but you can find out who they are from their website. It was a fascinating discussion about their tactics and strategies over the coming months at raising money.

I hope to attend future meetings and add my three pennyworth.

Here is one pic that I downloaded from their album archive.


(Queen's Award for Voluntary Service CAB: CAB team October 2011)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!