Tuesday 12 February 2019

Convocation

Twice a year, the University extends a big welcome its new students to offer and assure them all of the support, guidance and connections available from the institution. Because the University has such a manageable size, this welcome is most warm and personable. I attended one a few months ago and this time (on 18 January) the University kindly gave me a slot after the Vice Chancellor's words to welcome all the students to our wonderful town.

I urged them to all to get to know us and partake of all the great opportunities here for them to enjoy - ranging from our green spaces and walks, our events, our shops and our hostelries. I congratulated them on making such a insightful choice of coming to Buckingham!


Fresh from unpacking boxes all day long (I had moved house the previous day), here I am addressing the students flanked by the University Heads of Schools and senior staff. Thanks to the University for the permission to use the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!