Sunday 18 June 2017

Three cheers for Moretonville JFC!

On Saturday 17 June, Mortonville Junior Football Club celebrated the end of the season at a series of huge events at Buckingham School. I had the greatest of pleasure to attend the last session and gave out some of the awards to the players.

Frankly, I was blown away by the tremendous sporting and community spirit filling the sports hall. Apart from when my son played in a team about twenty years ago, I have never really been involved in football. And so to see all the dozens young players, their managers and coaches, and everyone else involved in making a success of this club was inspirational and delightful! And a new experience for me and my wife: I had no idea that so many people were part of this. And it's wonderful!

Phil Doran, the club Chairperson, said several times how much he enjoyed watching the boys and girls grow both as footballers but also as amazing, confident and respectful young people. By the end, I absolutely got what he was talking about.

And to top it all, Phil was able to report that the club has just been awarded the singular honour of not only being FA Charter Standard Community Club of the year for the county but also for the South East! This is a very high honour for the club.

So very, very well done from me to everyone who makes such a success of this club!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!