Tuesday 4 July 2017

Maids Moreton School fete: make a date now for next year's event

If you didn't attend the Maids Moreton School Fête - you missed an exceptionally well organised and delightful occasion. It was an old fashioned fête with some new twists. One of which was the bake off competition which I, Julie and the President of the local WI, Enid Coomber had to judge. (It's a tough life being a Mayor having to eat cake and all...!)

My favourite side show was the breaking crockery one: I had 4 goes! Such a pleasure!! And I even made some bread over a fire in the woodland craft area. Some good beer was on hand kindly donated, I understand by the Woolpack Pub in the town. I was also impressed by the catering for veggies like me for the BBQ.

I don't know the date of next year's event, but do make sure you go!

Thank you to everyone who helped make this afternoon a great success. Here are some pics, mostly taken by Kate Eastman. Thank you Kate for allowing me to use these pics!

UPDATE 10/7/17: Just received this delightful letter of thanks. I love the fact that the children have been involved in deciding what to do with the money raised!



Seconds after the ribbon was cut (my first red ribbon!) standing with the Headteacher Keira Ainsworth


It's a hard job!


Announcing one of the winners.


Presenting the certificate of achievement 


Mayoress Julie and a delighted a young lad


Altogether a lovely day. Thank you Maids Moreton School and PTA.


My favourite side show!!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jon and Julie for attending our Summer Fayre and giving such a positive write-up about it. The PTA worked really hard and it is very thoughtful of you to acknowledge that. It was a lovely occasion and we had lots of really positive feedback. Everyone I spoke to, young and older alike had a super time. I am glad you enjoyed your afternoon with us. Best wishes,Keira Ainsworth.

    ReplyDelete

Treasured Mayoral Days!