Sunday 15 July 2018

A haven of calm and abundance

On Tuesday morning, I spent a most enjoyable two hours judging the best kept allotments for the Bourton Road Allotment Association. I added my two pennyworth but the real judges were Peter Wilson (Association Secretary), Chairman Ron Jerrams and two local horticultural experts from Preston Bissett Nurseries: Ali Hardy and Lacey Tompkins. It was great to work with them all. Here is the team:


And the winners are below. Huge congratulations to all of them! So much care and attention was evident. Each allotment was a feast for my eyes.


And very well done to Peter, Ron and all members of the Allotment Association committee who put the hours in to make sure this haven in Buckingham continues to thrive and provide pleasure for so many.

Some sunflowers that caught my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!