Sunday 24 February 2019

The amazing junior young carers

A week last Friday, I spent an enjoyable hour or so getting to know some of the young people at the Buckingham & Winslow Young Carers club that meets every month at the Youth Centre. Such a lovely bunch of young people. I opted to spend time talking about what they thought could improve our town from their perspective. We came to conclusion that there should either be a Slime Festival or maybe a Slime Trail (like a fitness trail - but with slime!). I promised I would look into it. (It would have to be really sticky slime of course, they insisted.)

They also thought there should be a 'bring your pets to school day' in the annual calendar and arrangements to stop all homework. I promised them I would look into both matters. And the children who were from Winslow Primary school were really keen to have a visit from the Winslow Mayor. I will follow this up too.

Wonderful young people - and such an amazing organisation! Here I am with a few of the children I chatted with (thanks to the club for the pic).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!