Wednesday 10 May 2017

Banbury Mayor Making: an impressive evening

I went to my first other Mayor Making last night in Banbury. The Town Council owns an impressive building in the middle of Banbury. And indeed the Mayor Making itself was an impressive occasion: lots more bling and fur on all the councillors who were past Mayors!

Here is their report of the occasion - with a picture the new Mayor and Deputy Mayor (who will become the first Muslim Mayor of Banbury next year).


I noted that the room was laid our so that the Labour Councillors sat on one side and Conservative ones on the other. I was told later that it is a very politicised Town Council.

Still, it was a delight to be there and make notes!! I did like all the councillors saying out loud their promise to the Town. Maybe incorporate next year in Buckingham?

Also present was the High Steward, Sir Tony Baldry (erstwhile MP for Banbury) who was very finely decked out! Here he is on another occasion! (I forgot to get my own pic.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!