Monday 8 May 2017

First full Council meeting tonight...

The Town Mayor chairs meetings of the full council. And the first one of this new political year happens tonight!

The agenda pack can be seen here.

I am planning on preparing carefully for this meeting, wondering if I am going to be 'tested' like a new teacher!! This will be the meeting when I begin to show my '3F's' style as Council Chair: firm, fair and 'ficient. I will firmly enforce the standing orders of the Council and I will be fair in allowing all to have a voice where they wish to, including those councillors who are sometimes a little reticent. But I will also aim to be efficient in working steadily through the agenda and avoiding tangential boulevards, no matter how attractive and leafy!

I will let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!