Wednesday 31 May 2017

Sad day

Yesterday was the funeral of Jason (Jay) Williamson who tragically died some days ago. Many people will know Jason from his barber's shop in Cornwalls Place. He cut my hair several times. We always had a good conversation about politics, life and the universe.

He was only 47 when he died. He will be hugely missed by his family and friends. I counted around 140 people at the funeral at MK Crematorium: it was standing room only. People came from far and wide

The 'Celebration for the life of Jason Robert John Williamson' included a heart breaking eulogy from his Mum and an eclectic mix of music including Elbow, Sinatra & Robbie Williams, and ending with 'Our Last Song Together' by Neil Sedaka.

I queued for half an hour or so to give my condolences and respect to his family. I wore my Mayoral chain so as to represent the Town as I know he was much loved by many here. But I was also there as me: I will miss him.

Rest in Peace, Jason.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely words for a lovely gentleman. Jason had a big impact on everyone he met and he will be missed so much. R.I.P Jason.with love Tigs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A kind and fitting tribute. He will be missed

    ReplyDelete

Treasured Mayoral Days!