Friday 7 September 2018

More in Common #6

Last year, I placed a bet on on how many seats the Conservative Party would win in the June general election. And I won! £140 plus my stake back. And I then pondered on what to do with the money... I decided I would buy 11 copies of the book about Jo Cox, the MP who was murdered by a right wing terrorist just before the EU referendum in 2016. Since then, I have been donating these books to the libraries of my life. This week, I donated my first book in Buckingham to our local County Library.

You can read more of my journey so far from this link which gives details of the five other places I have donated the books (my grammar school in Portsmouth, my university in Reading, the County libraries in Reading and Oxford, and the school where my children attended and I was a governor for eight years). I have four more books to donate...

Meanwhile here is pic of Pam Gowen, Library Service Co-ordinator, receiving the book from me. The bookplate to be stuck in the book is below as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!