Friday 8 September 2017

A delightful RAF Reception

Along with many other local councillors and town clerks, Julie and I were treated to a reception at the Officers' Mess at RAF Halton on Wednesday evening. Deputy Town Mayor, Cllr Mark Cole and his wife Alix were also present as indeed was our Town Clerk, Chris Wayman.

And I must say I was extraordinarily impressed with the welcome that the RAF officers gave us. They had clearly paid great attention to organising the event in such a way that everyone felt individually welcomed and had room to circulate easily. The officer who met me told me he had even researched me beforehand!

We were treated to a small military display, some bagpipes (which I adore) and a (very quick) fly past of a Chinook helicopter.

All in all, a delightful couple of hours in a beautiful setting with some very interesting people. I will probably be visiting again to learn more about their leadership development programmes. And I had a fascinating discussion with a woman from Hertfordshire about her role as a Community Navigator. It sounded to me that we could do with some of such people around here!


Here's a selfie with fellow Town Councillors from Aylesbury Town Council: Mark Willis (Deputy Mayor) and Mike Smith


Not the best panoramic pic but you get the impression of the room we were in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!