Saturday 9 September 2017

Our great and good market town

As most local people know now, there was awful crash in the town centre on Tuesday 5th September. Several people were injured and one seriously and our thoughts are with all those people wishing them a speedy recovery. There was also significant damage to trade in the town and elsewhere as the whole centre was cordoned off as the emergency services got down to business.

Today, after encouragement from various quarters including me, the town was very busy. I went down to the town centre to offer my support to the traders - listening, shaking hands and buying some produce. There were lots of townsfolk there doing the same thing. I even spied our Deputy Mayor, Cllr Mark Cole buying a bunch of roses for his wife (which coincidentally, I had done earlier too!)

(And you can see Nigel in the background getting on with his business after the 'scattering' on Tuesday)


I know how glad I am to live in a town where people get on with getting on, supporting our markets and shops, supporting each other. This is a great and good community!

3 comments:

Treasured Mayoral Days!