Thursday 25 January 2018

Ex-officio

I have written before about my ex-officio roles as Mayor where local bodies automatically make the Town Mayor a member - whoever they happen to be. And so I try to attend their meetings as much as I can. Last Monday lunchtime I went along to the regular, weekly meeting of the Buckingham Rotary club at the Buckingham Golf Club. I provided some after-lunch entertainment and gave a short presentation about my last few months as Mayor. I was asked some great insightful questions at the end. Good stuff! By the way, they are always looking for new members so if you are interested, please click the link above.

And on Tuesday, I attended a meeting of BACAB which raises money for the local Citizens' Advice services. They too are always looking for new supporters and sponsors. So if you are a business and looking to make a regular donation to a very worthy cause, please contact them. The work of the Citizens' Advice as we all know is invaluable - and we never know when we might need it ourselves... (See the case studies on their website)

Last week, I attended a regular meeting of the Buckingham General Charities to help make decisions about the upkeep of their properties and look towards the budget for the coming year.

So this blog is just an update on these matters and my continuing support for local teams of people doing their best for our local community. And they do a fabulous job! I and, I am sure, the people of the town are all grateful for the time and responsibility they put in. I remain delighted and charmed by all the people in the town to give so much to the town. Long may that continue and may those numbers grow!


Some of the allotments owned by the General Charities - helping Buckingham flourish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!