Friday 19 January 2018

#MoreinCommon - another library!

Oxfordshire County Council have just re-opened their central library in Oxford as part of the new Westgate shopping centre. As this was a library that I used lots when I lived in Oxford, it was another one to which I have donated the biography of Jo Cox. (Please see my blog below for a short explanation as to why I am doing this.)

Needless to say: the library looks amazing and so much lighter than it was before. Such a wonderful space in which to learn and enjoy books and indeed connect to the world.

I was shown around by Shirley Toase, the Library Manager, pictured below. Thank you! It was also good to meet two of her staff: Molly Harvey (no relation as far as I know!) and Kylie Robinson (who took the picture). Below is the inscription in the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!