Friday 19 January 2018

The 'new' Villiers is open!

I was invited to help 'open' the newly refurbished Villiers last night and what a night it was. I met the new owner Rick and his wife Fi, the other investors, the people who had designed and installed the new look - and lots of other people. Hundreds had been invited and hundreds attended. The food and wine were sumptuous and the entertainment much fun!

Both and Rick and I thanked the staff for laying on such a great party and especially of course, one of Buckingham's treasures: Jean Rush, the Hotel Manager.

In my view, Villiers is one of the beating hearts of our town centre that helps make Buckngham such a great place to visit and enjoy. I hope revamp helps the hotel go from strength to strength!

Here is a pic of a few of the people present last evening listening to Rick's welcoming speech.


Below is the cartoon drawn of me by Michael Kyeyune, one of the caricaturists present on the evening. Such fun - it makes me look 30 years younger!


Not quite sure why I am pictured as a cross between Bond and Mayor??!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!