Wednesday 10 January 2018

Great company!

I am fortunate only to experience a modicum of sight problems in that I have worn glasses for most of my life. But if I were to lose some or all of my sight, I know where I would be on Tuesday afternoons once a month: at Gawcott village hall at the regular meeting organised by Bucks Vision. I went along there on Tuesday at the invitation of Phillipa Atkinson (Secretary N.W. Division, BucksVision).

And what a warm and friendly welcome was waiting for me!

I sat on a table with Peg, Cath and Kira: and enjoyed learning about their lives and views on the world. All three were older women with (I presume) some degree of sight loss.

There were several other people there too: members of the club and the volunteer helpers/drivers. We were treated to a gentle and delightful presentation from Sally Chittenden who talked about her childhood as a baker's daughter in Padbury and Buckingham in the 50's and early 60's. Such wonderful memories and so well told. And then the afternoon was rounded off with some tea and cake. Sublime!

If you or someone you know would like to go along too, I would highly recommend it. It is usually the first Tuesday of the month at 2.30pm. You can find out more by contacting BucksVision:

BucksVision Office
143 Meadowcroft
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
HP19 9HH

T: 01296 487 556
E: reception@bucksvision.co.uk

And here is everyone who was there on Tuesday. What a wonderful bunch of people!


PS: Inspired by yesterday, we had our regular meeting to edit the next edition of Buckingham Town Matters today. I have offered to make a podcast of the next edition so that this can be listened to by members of this group or indeed anyone else who wants to hear the newsletter rather than read it. It will be an experiment! And I am no trained actor but we are going to give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!