Saturday 11 November 2017

A healthy and well Buckingham

Today was the last event of the week long Well Buckingham | Well World Festival: The Health & Well Being fair in the community centre in town. And what a fabulous fair it was. There were many providers and purveyors of services and artefacts all designed to help people stay well and get even healthier. I spent many happy hours talking with people and finding out what they did for others.

I had my cholesterol checked (a low 4.5 fortunately) and my irises scrutinised (a tendency to try and cram in too many things and not enough time relaxing with mindfulness, she told me!). I learnt about diabetes, back pain, housing into later years, dementia, magnetism, balance, dieting etc etc etc... It was a truly fascinating and enlightening day. I am grateful to all the stall holders who came along. And indeed thanks to the 230+ townsfolk who visited the fair.

Lots of very useful conversations were had and I am sure lots of people left with new ideas, new network connections and thoughts about how to improve their health.


One thought to leave you with is this: how would you answer this question? (This was a 'bean poll' run my wife, Julie)


Now read below (link here). Did your answer change?

Please just remember: if you don't take the full course of antibiotics you are prescribed, you are helping those bacteria become more resistant to antibiotics in the future. And then everyone is at greater risk then - you, your family and the community...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!