Wednesday 15 November 2017

Books, beautiful books

A good book is a joy. And some of my fondest and favourite memories of my children when they were small are when I was reading good books to them. Having a small child enjoy listening to you as you read a story to them is one of life's great treats, in my opinion. And so it was an enormous pleasure to open the new school library at the Lace Hill Academy yesterday. And it was even more fun to see the children scampering around the library in search of the book they had been challenged to find.

Here are some of the year two children lined up with the headteacher, Mr Griffiths and volunteers who will be staffing the library. (Thank you to Karen Herring from the Academy Trust for this and the other pics of the children below)


And here is the official opening... with ribbon being cut!


I donated a book to the library:



And this was my favourite moment when I read this book to the children:


And here they all are...


And one small bit that charmed me: there is a plaque!! 😀😀😀



No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!