Friday 22 June 2018

From Amber to green and go!

A few months ago, Amber (who is in the upper half of Buckingham Primary School) wrote to me with an idea about having a graffiti wall and competition in the skate park. I was thoroughly charmed that she had the gumption to do this. As the skate park is run by the District Council I replied to her saying that I would refer the matter to the two councillors - Howard Mordue and Robin Stuchbury - for that area. And of course I praised her muchly for taking the initiative. It took a while (and a bit of chasing from me), but yesterday as I was walking towards the art exhibition in the school, I heard a young girl say "that's Jon Harvey!" (I was wearing my chain which probably helped.) I went over to her and it was Amber in person, proudly gripping a copy of the letter she had just received from Cllr Angela Macpherson. She kindly gave it to me and here is a copy below...

So well done Amber for showing you are never too young to have ideas about how to improve our town! I said to her that perhaps she might like to become a councillor when she is bit older and she said yes. Watch this space!

And thanks to Howard for forwarding my email to Angela. And thanks to Angela for replying in such a lovely way to Amber.

It all warms my political cockles to see such active engagement in all directions! Well done again Amber!


I have redacted Amber's address and Angela's signature of course. And I do have permission from Amber and her parents to talk about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!