Saturday 5 May 2018

Big Day!

I have not been to a football game since I was twelve and my only recollection of that one was the floodlights going out which meant me missing Dr Who! So it was a great pleasure to be invited to join Pete Winkelman and his other guests to watch MK Dons play Scunthorpe last Saturday. Sadly there was nothing the team could do to prevent them going down to the league below - but it was a great occasion and I enjoyed being there! So thanks Pete and all the team of footballers and staff that make up the MK Dons. You will be back up next season!

I do have a signed shirt that was presented to me... I am currently pondering on how to use it to raise money for the Mayor's Charities. All ideas welcome.

Here is my pic of Pete and his son Bobby watching the game with increasing frustration, it has to be said!

#BuckinghamBigDay



And here is the pic of me receiving the signed shirt from Andy Cullen, Executive Director of the club. Thanks Andy! Now... how can we raise money with this..???


No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!