Monday 21 May 2018

RAF Halton Freedom Parade

Aylesbury Council awarded RAF Halton the freedom to march with bayonets drawn through the streets of Aylesbury in 1956. They have celebrated this freedom in Aylesbury ever since. Julie and I were fortunate the be present at this years march past. We had precision marching and and an amazing military band to enjoy. There was also a fly past of a Douglas C-47 Dakota aircraft as part of the celebrations.

Sorry for the pics: they are not my best. I didn't feel it was quite right to be photographing the assembled troops while we were there to witness their presence in the town. I have copied the programme below too.







And I did not get a pic of the aircraft as it flew over - but here is one similar! (With thanks to 'Aircraft Nut' blog)


And here is a pic just provided by Sue Carpenter (Aylesbury Town Mayor's Assistant & PA to the Town Clerk) of me belting out Jerusalem! Thank you Sue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Treasured Mayoral Days!